How “remote” are you prepared to go?
As a nation we have had little choice but to adapt to a new way of working but with the Government reviewing post lockdown stages, will we revert to ‘business as usual’ or will we be keen to continue to practice some of the measures we have become accustomed to?
When the lockdown was announced, our teams had to act quickly to mobilise our customers who have contact centres within their organisation. This not only included designing and supplying solutions that would meet their business needs but also managing and executing their complex call routing plans and training their staff.
During the last couple of months, we have probably all had a conversation with a contact centre agent and as well as hearing their keyboard clicks, we have heard their children squealing and their dogs barking in the background. These interruptions can be a little distracting but we have all accepted them as the ‘new normal’. For individuals, working from home has brought many positive outcomes but business leaders are also beginning to understand the benefits of offering remote working opportunities to their employees too. So, what are the business benefits of employing remote agents for your contact centre staff?
- Reduced costs – whether this is reducing your operational overheads on hardware, office space or employee costs on agent idle time or staff turnover.
- Reduced geographical restrictions – this allows you to employ staff irrespective of where they live. This gives you a far greater choice of candidates and deeper skill sets when you are looking to recruit agents.
- Improved employee satisfaction – call centre agents who enjoy the flexibility of remote working have greater job satisfaction, which in turn reduces staff turnover. Employees place a high value on a company that supports a healthy work life balance and the reduced costs associated with working at a static office location, such as travel expenses and clothing.
- Improved customer satisfaction – once your agents have the perfect blend of technology to serve your customers, their productivity will rise and they will feel empowered to work towards company and individual KPI’s. This will naturally lead to an elevated customer experience.
- Outstanding contact centre management – in-depth, real time and historical reporting allow contact centre management to understand how efficiently the department is functioning. It will allow you to quickly adjust staff levels to meet the needs of the business, ensuring you have adequate agents at peak times and during critical business calendar events. Some industries may have contact centres that follow the sun and by utilising remote agents for this scenario, you remove the need for an office location altogether.
Intuity Communications are experts in designing call centre solutions that mirror your business and customer service strategies, irrespective of the size or location. Having been in the telecommunications industry for three decades, we would like to say we have seen it all but now we can also include mobilising contact centres in the height of a global pandemic, as a feather in our caps!
We would love to have an informal conversation with you about how a remote contact centre could really enhance your businesses growth and productivity. Get in touch with us today or call us on 0345 241 1521.