Reasons why you should upgrade to a cloud-based contact centre in the new year.
In light of the Coronavirus pandemic, you have probably made some leaps in technological advances, to enable your business to continue functioning with staff members working from home. But does this extend as far as your customer service agents?
Choosing to implement the right cloud-based contact centre will significantly improve your operation. Some of the major concerns that our contact centre customers have had is whether functionality or connectivity will be impaired and the natural concerns over data security.
Irrespective of the size of your contact centre, switching to a cloud-base solution can bring instant benefits to your organisation. Some of which we have highlighted below:
- Satisfied customers. Life is busy and nowadays customers expect to be able to contact you via multiple channels, at a time that is convenient to them. Not only that but they expect a near enough instantaneous response. A cloud-based contact centre solution will bring this functionality to your organisation, allowing you to exceed your customers expectations and elevate the experience that your agents deliver.
- Flexibility and scalability. A cloud-based contact centre solution can be deployed within hours, if not days, unlike the on-premise option that can take weeks or months to fully implement. It will enable you to respond to real-time events, giving you the power to immediately increase or decrease customer service agents, as your business dictates. This puts you in the driving seat when in comes to peak times of the year or seasonal campaigns, meaning you are in control and your customers don’t suffer as a result. It also allows you to juggle your agents, once you can identify times of day or days of the week where more available staff are necessary.
- Reduced costs. By implementing a cloud- based contact centre, you are entering into a subscription service, meaning that you can effectively budget your costs as you know what the monthly outgoings will be from day one. Unlike an on-premise solution, that often have expensive licence fees when your agent numbers increase or costly upgrades. Contact centre down time is significantly reduced, as maintenance is quick and carried out remotely by your service provider. Most cloud-based contact centres have fixed monthly telephone bills, removing any unexpected (and painful!) call costs.
- Data security. In a world where cyber attacks are a daily occurrence, many companies worry about maintaining data security and the risk of a data breach. It is actually far safer to store your sensitive information in the cloud, as the service provider most likely has your information backed up in more than one data centre. If your sensitive customer data is stored on-premise, you always carry a risk of losing in through events out of your control, such as theft or a fire.
- Agent productivity. Happy customers and happy workers go hand in hand. If your workforce is being held back by outdated technology, it will be impossible for them to provide a cutting edge service. They in turn become demotivated, having a huge impact on the overall experience that they are providing to your customers. A cloud-based contact centre provides feature rich technology, which removes much of the repetitive tasks performed by contact centre agents, enabling them to excel at their job and meet their KPI’s, which is proven to significantly improve agent productivity.
- Outsourced maintenance. As the maintenance of your cloud-based contact centre is managed by your service provider, your will be able to reduce the burden placed on your IT department for timely troubleshooting.
Upgrading to a cloud-based contact centre is not as daunting as it might seem. Intuity Communications have three decades of contact centre experience under their belts and would be delighted to have a conversation with you, to see how your business could take full advantage of the latest technology. And when the time is right for you to adopt the technology, we will be there by your side at every step of the way. Contact us so we can start bringing your ideas to life.