For many years, feature-rich telephony functionality came with a heavy price tag. Now, thanks to hosted telephony solutions, this functionality is affordable for SMEs, providing a competitive edge to any organisation that wishes to elevate their business.
Are you looking to upgrade your business telephone systems? Hosted telephony allows for easy integration into a world of feature-rich applications, reduces operational costs and supports flexible working; all of which could be pivotal to business growth.
What is hosted telephony?
A hosted telephony solution is a virtual Private Branch Exchange (PBX) that’s stored in the cloud. Cloud-based telephony enables users to easily make, receive and manage calls, converging data services and fixed and mobile telephony requirements, over an internet connection. This removes the need to install expensive hardware, instead, you are able to choose the functionality that your business requires and pay on a monthly subscription basis.
A hosted telephony solution grows and adapts in line with your business needs. This means that if you’re just starting out or your business is seeing a period of growth, it can change and develop in harmony with your business, future-proofing it for many years to come.
What are the benefits of hosted telephony?
Are you paying for services you don’t need? Moving away from traditional telephone systems and adopting a hosted telephony solution means you pay only for the services you use. But the benefits don’t stop there:
- Workforce productivity anywhere. By adopting a hosted telephony solution, your workforce has the flexibility to work anywhere, removing the need for a static location, which could see a rise in productivity of up to 60%.
- Scalability. A hosted telephony solution gives you enterprise-level functionality without the price tag. All services integrate seamlessly and can be added, amended or removed as business needs evolve. This is ideal for fast-growing organisations or for companies running promotions and seasonal campaigns.
- Reduced operational costs. A subscription service removes the need for huge upfront costs on hardware. This allows you to budget effectively and means you don’t have to wait years to see a return on your investment. Dreaded monthly phone bills are a thing of the past, as a hosted solution drastically cuts your call costs, (even more so) if you make a high volume of international calls. Cloud-based telephony also removes the need for a dedicated comms room allowing you to maximise your office space, and by moving to softphones, you remove the cost associated with expensive deskphones and associated hardware maintenance costs
- Low maintenance. Whilst traditional phone systems need regular costly upgrades, a hosted telephony solution enables you to upgrade to the latest technology quickly and easily and is carried out by your service provider. With a hosted telephony solution, downtime is reduced as you remove the need for lengthy repair times and expensive hardware replacement, in the event of a system failure.
- Business continuity. Cloud-based telephony ensures you’ll always have a telephony system to rely on, even in the event of disasters like fires, floods or thefts. You can keep working in any location, with peace of mind that your telephony system is robust and won’t be affected. You can quickly and simply create and divert call routing plans to ensure you’re able to provide business-as-usual working, without affecting your customer experience. And the beauty is that it’s all backed up in the cloud.
Why Choose Intuity Communications?
At Intuity Communications, we understand that one size does not fit all. We take the time to understand your business requirements, listening to your digital aspirations and designing solutions that will give you a competitive advantage within your industry. With three decades of business telecommunications experience behind us, we’ll deliver a hosted telephony platform that’s best suited for your company both today and in years to come.
Are you looking to upgrade your business telephone systems? Contact us today to future-proof your telecommunications with hosted telephony.