Is it time to invest in a hosted business communications solution?
Reasons why you should be thinking about upgrading to cloud-based telephony.
Have you been wondering whether to upgrade your legacy PBX telephony system, to a cloud-based business communication platform? As we look to the green shoots of post Covid19 recovery, now might just be the right time to take that technology leap. We listen to customers when they share their frustrations with their outdated business telephony system and have addressed these pain points with compelling reasons why it has become business imperative to drive this critical change.
If you can relate to any of the points below, now is the time to address your business communications solution:
• Customers complain that wait times are too long.
• Customers complain that they cannot reach a suitable business contact.
• We are missing calls and don’t have the technology to capture details to return calls.
• We have limited call routing capabilities.
• We do not have adequate reporting facilities.
• We cannot share important customer information between our own teams.
• Our legacy system is unreliable, and the maintenance is too high.
• We can no longer get software upgrades for our system.
• We want to dictate how our business operates, instead of our technology dictating to us.
• We want to appear to be bigger than we are.
• Our call costs are too high.
So, what benefits will a Hosted telephony system bring to your business?
• Improve customer experience – providing multi-channel customer engagement, which increases customer interaction and drives operational productivity.
• Future proof your business – a recent study by Forbes has suggested that 71% of leads are lost because a company doesn’t respond fast enough, while businesses that have implemented cloud telephony have seen an increase of around 61% in their productivity and improved customer experience. Customer satisfaction is the biggest marketing tool you have.
• Feature rich solutions – with cloud telephony you can have all of the functionality that your business craves, whilst only paying for the services you use. Subscription services allow you to scale up or scale down the application services that will drive your business forward.
• Anywhere/anytime access – gone are the days of ringing three published numbers in an attempt to reach one person. Being location independent allows you to have full functionality, irrespective of where you are in the world.
• Scalability– enterprise-level functionality, without the price tag. All services integrate seamlessly and can be added, amended or removed. This gives the user the control to create and adapt their system, as the business needs dictate. This is especially ideal for fast-growing organisations or for companies running promotions or seasonal campaigns. You also remove the need for a dedicated comms room to house the telephony equipment. You can mitigate the use of desk phones, by using softphones or many employees may use a smartphone or tablet.
• Business continuity – whatever disaster a company faces, you have the peace of mind that your telephony system is robust and will not be affected. You can quickly and simply create and divert call routing plans to ensure you are able to provide business as usual working.
• Cost effective – with a cloud-based telephony system, you remove the costs of expensive PBX equipment. This means there are no expensive repair costs or lost revenue if your telephony system fails. You will benefit from a fall in operational costs.
Modern telephone systems have moved from just offering you voice services. They have become UC platforms, enabling you to select the applications that the business requires: video calling, instant messaging and team collaboration, to highlight a few.
With the arrival of Coronavirus, we quickly had to learn to adapt and our business landscapes have changed beyond all recognition. It has been reported that video services have seen up to a 2000% increase, as companies move their businesses online in order to adapt and survive. We have seen the education sector utilise video streaming to deliver remote teaching and the health sector has been able to continue to offer a service to patients, whilst keeping them away from consulting rooms.
Not only have business leaders addressed contingency plans to cope with a crisis of this magnitude, but they are also looking to future proof their organisations to ensure a seamless transition and level of service, irrespective of location. Also, with many companies realising that they don’t require the same size of corporate space (if they need it at all), they are looking at how technology can help facilitate this change. With many companies not expecting to see their workforces returning until 2021 and with an uncertain future of potentially a winter Coronavirus spike, now is the time to act to ensure you are doing everything in your power to ensure your business can evolve.
Intuity Communications have decades of experience to help you design and integrate the perfect business communication solution for your organisation. We would be delighted to have an informal chat with you, to see how we could help to drive your business forward. Get in touch with us today, via our contact form or call us on 0345 241 1521.